Lost Friend


Concern:

Where in the world are you?


I keep asking myself

where did it go wrong that it felt so right
The things you been doing is a cry out for help

We never said goodbye and I often wonder why

You are somewhere lost and don't want to be found


What was the ordeal that made you find Love in the pill
Whatever it is Im dying to hear all about
all the reasons that made you disappear

Thought you were strong but maybe I was wrong

You self-medicate but its never too late to show everyone you can still be great
So until then I will just keep the Faith...


Relief:

You ask me where I’ve been and what I’ve seen, yet you have no idea about these addictive things.

No need to ask once, and twice is too much but if your open to understand, I’ll proceed with such.

Long time ago, before you and me. There was a curse on my life generationally plaguing everything 

I touched or the things my eyes seen

Tainted by lust and unavailable to love, reaching for something bigger than me, I found us.

But your goodbyes were too subtle, and your welcome so unarmed

In complete disbelief of yesterday and dismay of tomorrow, imagine looking for this and keeping time borrowed

I was strong, but feeble in parts

But you wonder what kept me meek with a dismantled heart

A trembling soul always running from more.

Sins greater than what’s within, I admire your thoughts

Keep faith my dear friend, one day we will meet again...


Authors Note: Lost Friend was originally curated by Noiyah Hall and responded by Sara J. This is a two part sister piece that speaks to the lost with the found in mind.

No comments